The PwC Technology Private Cloud offering consists of a dedicated virtualised environment for each customer. These environments are segregated in order to provide the highest levels of data and access security.
The main benefits of using PwC Technology's Private Cloud service are:
- We have ten years of hosting experience in the PwC Technology team
- A 99,6% service uptime track record
- Our datacentres provides scalability to meet the needs of enterprise clients
- We support business agility; users can be added from anywhere in the world, as long as they have access to the internet
- Enhanced security models based on international standards
- Centralised help desk for all support issues
- Simplified licensing model based on monthly billing for all services
- On-site support option
Our Private Cloud Suite:
The PwC Technology Cloud suite covers Infrastructure, Platform and Software as services that are hosted in two datacentre locations in the Johannesburg area. The datacentre design is based on the Microsoft Dynamic Datacentre Toolkit for hosters. We specialise in two specific services; Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Software-as-a-Service refers to business software delivered via the internet as Cloud Services. PwC Technology offers the following software as service to our customers today:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 with Outlook 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (internet portals and web sites)
- Microsoft CRM 2013
- Microsoft Lync 2013
- Microsoft Project Server 2013
- Softline Accpac
- Softline VIP
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Pastel Evolution
Platform-as-a-Service refers to a dedicated appliction development and operations platform delivered via the internet as Private Cloud Services.
The basic X-Platform service comprises Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server AppFabric all delivered from a Windows Hyper-V environment hosted in a Tier 3 datacentre.