Public Cloud computing is based on the standard Cloud computing model, in which a service provider makes resources, such as applications and storage, available to the general public over the Internet.
The main benefits of using PwC Technology's public cloud service are:
- Easy and cost effective set-up with reduced capital expenditure
- Scalability to meet your needs. Any amount of users can be added or taken off
- 'Pay as you use' model, so no wasted resources because you pay for what you use
- Supporting business agility - Users can be added anywhere in the world, as long as they have access to the Internet
- No need for you to recruit and retain scarce IT skills
Our Public Cloud Suite:
The PwC Technology Cloud suite covers Infrastructure, Platform and Software as services that are hosted in two datacentre locations in the Johannesburg area. The datacentre design is based on the Microsoft Dynamic Datacentre Toolkit for hosters. We specialize in two specific services; Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Software-as-a-Service refers to business software delivered via the internet as Cloud Services. PwC Technology offers the following software as hosted services to our customers:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 with Outlook 2013
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (internet portals and web sites)
- Microsoft CRM 2013
- Microsoft Lync 2013
- Microsoft Project Server 2013
Platform-as-a-Service refers to application development and operations platform delivered via the internet as Cloud Services.
X-Platform from PwC Technology is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering. It is the delivery of a Microsoft computing platform and solution stack as a service.
The basic X-Platform service comprises Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server AppFabric all delivered from a Windows Hyper-V environment hosted in a Tier 3 datacentre.